CBD oil – how to find a quality product?Probably all of us always want and expect to get the best, highest quality product and believe the information in the product description. But is the information always true? So,
CBD oil – how to find a quality product?
We want to show you how to distinguish and choose a really good CBD oil.
CBD (cannabidiol) is found naturally in hemps. It is the most researched component of hemp that can help maintain a sense of well-being and does not cause the feeling of intoxication caused by THC (tetrahydrocannabidiol). This substance is heavily controlled in the EU and products cannot contain more than 0.02% THC.
What is the best CBD oil? Full or broad spectrum?
Check the label of the CBD oil to see if it is full spectrum or broad spectrum. The full-spectrum oil contains not only CBD, but also all the other important cannabinoids, terpenes and flavanides that are naturally found in hemp and interact with each other in a perfect way due to environmental effects. Meanwhile, the broad spectrum oil contains CBD and at least one product naturally found in hemp.
What extraction method is used?
Check the label or the manufacturer’s website for information on how CBD extract and other compounds in hemp are extracted. There are several ways:
- Alcohol extraction. This method uses alcohol, usually ethanol, as the solvent and then removes the alcohol by evaporation. One of the drawbacks of this method is the polarity of solvents such as ethanol, which tends to mix with water and dissolve water-soluble molecules such as cholophilus. It is therefore important to remove the cholophilus from the extract as it creates an undesirable bitter taste. Ethanol can also destroy the wax of the cannabis plant, making the resulting oil less useful.
- CO2 extraction. In this method, the compounds in the cannabis plant are separated using carbon dioxide. It is one of the more expensive methods, but it yields more extract and loses less of the beneficial substances. This means that CBD oil extracted using this method will be more useful and safer.
- Butane or propane extraction. In this case, butane or propane is used as the solvent. Due to the mild flammability of butane, this method requires special precautions. The complete removal of butane and propane from the resulting extract must also be ensured, as butane is highly toxic to humans. This method requires additional sampling for butane and propane residues.
Does CBD oil have a Certificate of Analysis (COA)?
CBD oil must have a Certificate of Analysis (COA) from a laboratory. This is a document that provides information on the amount and type of cannabinoids in CBD oil. Preferably, this should be an analysis of the product by an independent laboratory, so that you can be sure that the information on the certificate of analysis is correct.
Each seller publishes, or provides on request, a certificate of analysis where you can check that the information on the bottle is correct.
How can I read and understand the information on the certificate?
- The bottle must bear the batch number, which must appear on the certificate. This way you can be sure that the certificate of analysis is for this particular product.
- Some laboratories report the CBD content in mg/g on their certificates of analysis, in which case you need to multiply the amount by the millilitres indicated on the oil bottle to calculate the amount of CBD (usually a 30ml pipette bottle). This will tell you exactly how much CBD mg is in the bottle and whether the information on the label is correct.
- Check the THC content, which must not exceed 0.02%! This is strictly regulated by European law. In the US, the figure should not exceed 0.03%. If the THC content exceeds the specified limit, it is not a legal product.
- The certificate of analysis should also indicate whether contaminants such as pesticides or heavy metals have been found. Hemp is a great sponge, absorbing everything it finds in the ground where it grows. The conditions under which cannabis is grown are therefore very important.
Is the price significantly different from competitors?
Price should not be a priority if you want a safe and quality product, but it is more important that the above conditions are met by the product you choose. If the price is significantly different from competitors’ products, make sure that:
- Extraction method – CO2;
- The CBD concentration on the label corresponds to that indicated on the certificate of analysis;
- Full spectrum oil;
- THC does not exceed 0.02%;
- No pollutants;
- The certificate of analysis has been verified by an independent laboratory;
- GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) certificate;
- National Science Foundation (NSF) certification.
Price is never a sign of quality, so make sure you analyse the product you buy carefully.
MAGU SPACE offers you a product with a quality label. It is a full-spectrum CBD oil, certified by an independent laboratory, GMP-certified, and extracted by CO2 extraction, thus preserving all the good stuff.
We believe that the best CBD oil is the oil we offer you. However, each person chooses according to their own needs. And which CBD oil do you prefer?